November 11, 2014

Don't Be A Dick

Generally, I like to think I'm a pretty decent person. Oh sure I've killed before, but that was a different time, when men were men and and a Peruvian Donkey Ride was an innocent pastime. 

Today's episode of DBAD comes to you from the local supermarket. On my way home from work, I had to stop by to pick up a few things. Some salmon, blue menu soda water (sodium free!) and a couple of miscellaneous items. See figure 1 below.

Well hello! Welcome to Figure 1
So I proceeded to walk around the supermarket to grab the various items. In addition to what I've mentioned, I also needed a lemon, Comet, Swiffers, minced garlic and turkey sausages.

This particular supermarket is one of those gargantuan places that also has a Joe clothing store, so I proceeded to have a look at some jeans. I pushed the cart to the side for 5 minutes and then returned to pay for my items. Within a few more minutes, people started joining the line behind me, which is when I took another look at my cart.  If you look closely, there is one additional item in my cart other than what I've mentioned. Too lazy too look for it? Here's a hint. Left side, and they are in a ..oh for fuck's sake it's the grapes. 

So, it seems that someone decided to grab a bag of grapes, only to decide moments later that he or she didn't want them. I get it. It happens. But, I would like to think that if I was that person, I would at least have the decency to put the grapes back, particularly because we're talking about a perishable food item. One thing for sure, I wouldn't be an utter jackass by dropping them in someone else's cart.

So unless your name is Richard, Don't Be A Dick.

3 comments:

  1. I once left a mostly empty cart alone in an aisle for about 10 seconds to just grab something from the end of the aisle. When i came back there was an elderly woman pushing my cart away. It kinda irritated me, but what was I going to do? Punch her in the face? no. I punched her in the stomach. Cart-stealin' bitch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Clefto - Well done. You were merely acting out the evolutionary final act of that woman's time among us, much like a pack of jackals will target the very old, sick or young. Here, have a delicious Darwinian biscuit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) I took a trip over from Toronto Mike. well worth the trip . Bookmarked

    ReplyDelete